Cheers to 2014!

There are roughly three hours left of 2013. I am relaxing with my sister in the living room. For the past few days, I have been pondering this past year and the future year. I'm a big list person so I've organized this post into three lists - this past year, this future year, and goals for 2014. I'll start with this year.

Some key points of 2013:
-A trip to California with my dad in January
-my first boyfriend
-Road trip to New Orleans with my brother Caleb
-6th year of the BEST CAMP EVER - Royal Family Kids' Camp
-Passing Physiology
-learning how to breathe deep and not stress as much
-Got a job working at Edible Arrangements
-Watching The Sound of Music LIVE with Carrie Underwood...I loved it!
-Spent a week with family at Isle of Palms, South Carolina for Christmas
-grew closer with my OT cohort and learned so much more about occupational therapy.

Overall, it was an amazing year. I have learned so much about myself, people around me, and what grace is. I have made new friends, grown distant from old ones, and learned a lot of things. I laughed a lot and allowed myself to cry more than I usually do


This coming year I look forward to:
-spending several months in the northwestern part of the U.S. as I do fieldwork in Washington and then go on a missions trip to Alaska
-Watching my camper graduate from Royal Family Kids' Camp after being her counselor for 3 years
-graduating from Penn State with a degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant
-Seeing what the next year has in store for me
-watching the Winter Olympics....Lugeing is my favorite to watch! I also enjoy ice skating, snowboarding, skiing..

Goals for 2014
-go on adventures
-try snowboarding
-Give more grace to people and myself.
-read my Bible more (at least 4 times a week)...I really struggle with setting aside time to do that
-Memorize 5 Bible verses...I love having verses memorized...It really helps me when I just need a mental reminder.
-Write a blog post at least once a month. I adore writing..now if I can just be dedicated. Blogging to myself helps me sort things out.
-Focus on my life one day at a time. With so many unknowns this year, it can be really hard not to stress, but worrying doesn't help things at all.
-Write an encouraging note to someone once a month
-Learn how to walk in four inch heels...GRACEFULLY

I'm sure I will think of more goals throughout the year, but this is a good start for now.

I can't wait to see what this coming year brings! May you go with God, be brave and adventurous, rest, breathe, and laugh!

~elizabeth

Comments