My Lighthouse

Let me start out with, it's been an extremely long and intense week and it's only Tuesday. My personal life is crazy, I have schoolwork out the wazoo, and I've just been like, "Oh my gosh, how can I even balance this life?!?!"

About a month ago, I realized that I lost my first aid/CPR certification cards. This may not seem like a big deal considering these are only little pieces of paper, but it is a huge deal considering that I need them for my fieldwork this summer and I don't have a whole lot of free time lying around to take it again. I emailed my instructor and asked him if he could reissue them for me. Tonight I got his response, "No, they can't be reissued. You will just have to take the class again. I'm sorry." I couldn't believe it. I had to schedule the class again, and really did not have to ask off another weekend. I logged onto where I schedule classes to take a look at what weekends they were holding the class. My heart broke a little bit when I saw that they had one this weekend, because it is my only free weekend for the month of February and I was really looking forward to just sleeping in and getting a head start on my presentations for my classes. With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart, I added the class to my schedule.

I was really struggling with it because I just want this weekend so badly after this rough start to the week. I've just been feeling overwhelmed. When I left my sister's basketball game, I had a long car ride home. I turned on the country music that is usually on, but I just wasn't getting into it like normal. So I turned on the local Christian station and just made the choice to blast my Jesus music and sing at the top of my lungs. I wasn't feeling like it, but I knew I had to push through the fog of frustration.

Every song that came on the radio had to with overcoming, letting God lead, trusting Him, and just how much He loves us! "Strangely Dim," "You Lead," "Overcame," and "My Lighthouse" were just a few of the songs. "My Lighthouse" says "You are the peace in my troubled sea." Every word of those songs were spot on with what I was feeling and what I needed to be feeling. As I sang, I slowly, I started to feel lighter. I just kept giving God the praise and honor and most of all, the trust that He deserves - regardless of my earthly situation. By the time I got home, I felt much better and I just committed control of my life to His hands, yet again. It's practically an hourly thing for me. Ha!

When I got home, I had the random thought to look in one last pile of papers, even though I was almost positive I threw away my certificates accidentally.

I found them.

I was ecstatic and jumping all over and just thanking God.

But even though I am so incredibly thankful for my miracle, the real lesson in this is that I just need to keep trusting God and giving Him FULL control of my life. Even when my earthly body doesn't feel like it. And that, in those tough moments, I have a choice - will my soul win or my earthly body?

P.S. Here is "My Lighthouse" by one of my favorite bands -Rend Collective https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49x_h4CbZxs

Comments