The Widow's Gift - Luke 21:1-3

The Widow's Gift

"21 [Jesus] looked up and saw the rich dropping their offerings into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow dropping in two tiny coins. 3 'I tell you the truth,' He said. 'This poor widow has put in more than all of them.'"

The whole point of these few verses is the fact that she gave what she had. It was a heart matter much more than it was a money matter.

This story has really been driven home to me lately because of my daycare kids. They have showered me with gifts. I've received many pictures, a clay pot one of the girls made at school, a seashell one of my other girls found at the ocean with a note scrawled in childish writing "I love you," a bag of skittles, erasers, hugs, friendship bracelets, and used chapstick.

They aren't big gifts and certainly aren't worth any money, but they are gifts from the heart. That is what Jesus looks for in us...our best!

Comments