Being an Intentional Person

Intentional: "done with intention or on purpose; intended."

One of my big goals for this year is to become more of an intentional person. I want to be intentional in my interactions with people. I want to be intentional with my words, choosing them carefully. I want to focus not on what is "right or wrong" but rather "Does it bring light or darkness?" Right and wrong can be subjective.

Ways I can/am/have be intentional:
1. Calling people
2. meeting up with people
3. not wasting words and having meaningful conversations
4. texting people

I want to focus better on fostering uplifting relationships with people.

Sometimes I struggle with peers because I feel like I'm just awkward around them or that they "don't get me." I know that this is a lie from Satan because I CAN and DO have things to offer people, just like they have things to offer me.

It's like the movie "A Thousand Words" (which I have not watched, just heard about), if you had only a thousand words left before you died, how would you use them? Would you rather use them to complain and grumble? Or would you rather use them to lift people up?

By being an intentional person, you also have the ability to make choices related to your goals.

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comments