Valentine's Day - Getting Lots of Laughs!

There are two common approaches to Valentine's Day - There are the over amorous people and there are the single lamenters.

Come on, you all know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen it then you probably don't have a Facebook or don't work in customer service.

If you don't know the Over Amorous person, they usually say things such as ""Oh baby, I can't wait to see you my lover xoxoxoxox I am so happy ur mine and I kno we r soul mates 4ever" (and yes, generally with that kind of terrible grammar).

Single lamenters pretend they hate Valentine's Day, but secretly wish they could be like that with someone but they are single and it is just the worst, most depressing thing in the world and they are never going to find someone. They say things like, "I can just taste all the lips I won't be kissing on Valentine's Day #foreveralone" and "Singles Awareness Day."

Both of these types can be really irritating if you let them be, or you can just be like me and sit back, watch the craziness, and laugh until tears roll down your cheeks.

Working at a store that celebrates Valentine's Day (It's our biggest, craziest holiday), I get to see all kinds of entertaining things.


So in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I've been laughing a lot-

Through the favorite love notes I've seen people write:
-"I'll cry to you before I lie to you. your brother, your lover, and your soulmate."  ---Really?! Your brother and your lover?! that didn't sound wrong when you wrote that?!

-"I'm your Adam and you're my Eve. Enjoy your forbidden fruit. Love, your chocolate covered banana"   --Some things you do not want to overanalyze...

-"You are the wind beneath my wings, because you fart a lot." --Yes honey, I love you too!

Then there are the guys that send things to two different women and sign each card with a different name.
Through anti-pickup lines:
Anti-pickup lines
Hilarious quotes (that wouldn't let me make them smaller):
Anti Love Quotes - Back Page Of My Notebook
Bahaha
lololololol yes
Sounds about right. hahahaha
Fishing For Compliments
...yeah, that.


Then the guys that actually think things through and plan details are so sweet.

One guy came into my work and said that his lady was waiting at the restaurant and he snuck money into his boots so it would look that he didn't have money on him to surprise her with anything.

Or the guys that personalized their orders with footballs and mason jars.


Thankfully, I survived the "St. Valentine's Day Massacre" at work even though I'm still physically and emotionally exhausted from the craziness. In the rare moments I had to think, I've decided that my perfect Valentine's Day isn't pink and red, roses, balloons, chocolate, and life sized stuffed animals. I'd rather stay at home in sweat pants, watch movies, and get one daisy. And of course, laugh hysterically at other people and what they come up with!

Comments