Restlessness

Tonight is one of those nights where I feel a little bit restless. I don’t really know why. Is it because I don’t have a car that I can hop into and drive wherever I want to go? Is my mind too busy daydreaming about love and marriage and kids?

I am so grateful for the opportunity here in Washington. I love the area with the four lakes and trees and deer and wild flowers. I am so thankful for the chance to get to love people in the hospital. It makes my heart happy when my patients tell me “thank you” and that they enjoy spending time with me. It makes me chuckle when I was doing ward observations (I just go on the wards and get to know the patients) and I ask one older gentleman if I can sit down and talk to him and he replies, “No, I already have a wife.”

It’s in these times of restlessness that I have to pray my peace verses over my soul.

“You will keep in perfect peace the mind that is dependent on you, for it is trusting in you.” – Isaiah 26:3

“Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, submit your requests to God. And the peace of God which surpasses every thought will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 4:6-7

Something interesting I found in my Jesus Calling devotional (the only devotional I’ve been able to MOSTLY stick with) is the following:
“I am training you in steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens. This is the steadiness I desire for you” (Sarah Young).

I am where I need to be.
Everything is okay. Well, better than okay!

My soul is well. 

Comments