Washington Update 01 (Too tired to think of a more creative title)

I’m getting more settled in to Washington. Fieldwork is going well. I really enjoy it! It’s been very interesting getting to meet the patients and the staff.

It’s weird walking everywhere. But it’s awesome exercise and nothing is too far away. It takes me about 10 minutes to walk to work, 30 to walk to church, the library, and the store.
It’s so much fun getting home from work and “keeping house.” When we (my housemate Chelsea and I) got home from work, we walked down to the library to work on some school assignments. They let us get 3 month library cards (score!!). So I was able to pick out some books. They only let me check out five though. L But some is better than none!
After the library we figured out where the store was and walked there to get some fresh veggies – yum! (We also got ice cream, but mostly veggies! Haha). We walked back home and made Fajita/quesadillas and corn on the cob. Oh my gosh, so delicious!!! I enjoy cooking for myself now that I have time in the evenings, even if it’s just simple recipes.
Fajita/Quesadilla Recipe:                                                                  
(approximate…I really just threw things together)

Colby Jack cheese
Tortillas (2 per person)
Tomatoes, chopped
Red peppers, chopped
A little bit of butter
A couple pieces of chicken (I did about 2 per quesadilla)

Cook the chicken (We used the skillet). Chop up peppers, Colby jack cheese, and tomatoes. Spread butter on one side of each tortilla. When chicken is cooked, chop up into small pieces. Put everything between the tortillas and cook in a skillet on low. When brown, flip to the other side.

It is really filling and pretty cheap!

It was a fun evening. Now I’m going to read for a few minutes and then fall asleep. Thankfully I slept awesome last night, hoping tonight I do also!




Comments