Small Towns from PA to Washington


*short post* but I had to write about how small towns thrill me!

Today is Founder’s Day in Medical Lake! There are people everywhere. It started off with a parade that included horses and tractors. Broad Street is blocked off for a 3-on-3 basketball tournament. Vendors are everywhere. One booth is handing out free pie! It was delicious! And Lake City Assembly of God is having a City Blast! Event with inflatables, free food, and a bake sale.

I love being in a town that reminds me of Franklin County. People are so friendly when I’m walking around. They smile and talk. When I went to the post office, I had a bunch of packages to mail, and one lady came up and started a conversation with me. I told her why I was out here, and she said “Welcome to the area!” There was a line of people, and I apologized for holding up the line with all my packages. They were so kind and understanding!

Small towns are the best! People are friendly, kids run around, everyone volunteers to help each other out. Country music blasts. The smell of hay and fresh cut grass

A short poem about the country:

Laughter tickles,
people wave
and smile. 
horns friendly honk,
country music blasts.
Cows graze
horses whinny
the smell of hay and fresh cut grass
tickle my nose.
a happy feeling settles in my chest.
nostalgia fills my soul.
it permeates to the core of my being
and I know I would rather be nowhere
but where trucks have free reign,
dogs bark,
children safely play,
and camo is worn.

Comments