Time is Flying

I have been horrendous about blogging lately. I have no excuses other than I can't believe how fast time is going.

I completed my 6th week of fieldwork. Friday I went out to eat with coworkers. Saturday Lauren and I went to Hoopfest in Spokane to watch our coworker play. A few hours turned into 8 hours there. I got to play with my coworker's kids, who are absolutely precious! When I got back to Medical Lake, I went to the library for a few hours and worked on homework.

Today was Celebrate Freedom - the Lake City Assembly of God outdoor church service at the lake. It was wonderful! I loved being able to go barefoot and hang out with people who have so kindly welcomed me into the church family while I'm in Washington. Pastor Nick's sermon about freedom and our responsibility as free Christians was very thought-provoking. After church there was a picnic and I stayed there until 3:30ish watching the volleyball game. Then I walked back home and called my grandparents and aunt and uncle.

Now I'm fighting sleep even though it's only 5:30pm here. Between work, adventures,  and packing for my missions trip, I'm exhausted when I hit the sack!

In a week and a half, I head to Alaska for two weeks. Everytime I see a plane fly over I think that will be me soon!

I'm thoroughly enjoying my time here though. I will really miss Washington and maybe sometime I'll be able to move back. In the next few weeks I'm excited to finish up my fieldwork, head to Alaska for 2 weeks to love on the Alaskan people, and fly home in time for Royal Family Kids' Camp (which starts 4 weeks from today! !!)

I am learning to love the moments and to take things day by day.

I don't know how I'm going to pay for fall tuition. I don't know what I am doing after I complete my second set of fieldwork in December. I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

But I am learning to fully trust in Jesus. "The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want."

I have to smile because every day I give my financial situation to God, and almost everytime I go somewhere, I find change on the ground. I always pick it up and remember who has the resources!

Well, I'm going to relax for a couple more hours before heading to bed and starting this busy week!

Comments