"Will Walk For Planes"

“I am involved in each moment of your life. I have carefully mapped out every inch of your journey through this day, even though much of it may feel haphazard. Because the world is in a fallen condition, things always seem to be unraveling around the edges. Expect to find trouble in this day. At the same time, trust that My way is perfect, even in the midst of such messy imperfection.”

That’s what the first part of my Jesus Calling devotion said when I read it this morning. I thought, “Jesus, please don’t let there be trouble today. I just want to go to church and the airshow.”

Waiting for the bus with Lauren and Chelsea!

I went to church, where Pastor Nick gave a great message on the parable of the sower and what it means to Grow. I quietly slipped out about a half hour early to meet the girls at the bus stop. We sat there. And we sat there. And the bus never showed up. So another lady there called the Spokane Transit company. They said a fight had broken out on the bus, so another bus was coming. (I was torn between “That’s why I’m not a huge fan of riding the bus” and “Oh man, that would have been interesting”). 40 minutes after the scheduled bus time, the bus got there. The bus driver was very nice and told us not to pay since we had to wait so long. However, because of the air show traffic, he didn’t make his normal stop at the air force base, and by the time we caught on, we were a couple miles away from the base. Not wanting to waste any more time, we got off at the next stop and started walking towards the base. 2 ½ hours later than planned, we got to the base. (TThat's what happens when you skip part of church, haha).

The air show was awesome! We missed a lot of planes because of the delay, but we still got to walk around and see some planes both on the ground and in the air, got food, and we didn’t miss the grand finale of the Thunderbirds! Which was extremely awesome!! They got in all kinds of formations such as diamonds, deltas, and lines. They even came at each other full speed and then intersected without hitting. It was pretty incredible!
The Air Force Thunderbirds (all 6 near the end)!

One of my favorite pictures!


I also got to hold and observe some military guns which was pretty cool! I found out why they use 9mm instead of other kinds. The guys I asked said that it’s because all of the NATO allies use 9mm that way in case we ran out of ammo overseas, they would have ammo we could use. I learn something, usually many, new things every day!

Thankfully after the show was over, we found a bus and they were kind enough to take us back to Medical Lake before heading into Spokane. Also, thanks to my 100 SPF sunscreen, I did not get burned (Other then a tiny bit on my calves)!!!

I’m not sure how I got to be so fascinated with planes, jets, and helicopters, but I love them, and flying, and learning about them! They also make me think of my Bumpa because he used to fly and we always talked about planes and such. Someday I hope to get my pilot’s license, but we’ll see. For now, I will just enjoy air shows and any time I get to spend around them.

I'm pretty sure this is a Piper Cub...
Bumpa had a model that looked very similar to this

But it was a wonderful day and now I’m just relaxing and getting everything ready for the rest of the week!


P.S. I really need to design a shirt that says, “Will walk for planes” after all the walking I did today just to see them! J

Comments