Out with the Old, In with the New!

2014
Top 5 Experiences
1. Living in Washington and exploring Seattle and Portland
2. Graduating college - We Are...PENN STATE
3. Going on my first missions trip - I love Alaska. 
4. Mini road trips: I went on at least 5 -How refreshing!
5. Watching my camper graduate from Royal Family Kids' Camp- very bittersweet!
6. I also read some great growing books - "Love Does" and "Spoken For"! Usually I have a difficult time reading non-fiction. 

Goals I had for 2014 and how I did
-go on adventures
 "My grade": A+++! I went on lots of adventures and made so many memories!

-try snowboarding
 "My grade": A for effort. D for skill ;) I did and I really enjoy it. I still suck at it though, so I'll need to keep practicing.

-Give more grace to people and myself.
 "My grade": B+. I did. But I still have a ways to go.

-read my Bible more (at least 4 times a week)...I really struggle with setting aside time to do that
 "My grade": F. I still fail at this.

-Memorize 5 Bible verses...I love having verses memorized...It really helps me when I just need a mental reminder.
 "My grade": C. I memorized 3! Psalms 143:8-10.

-Write a blog post at least once a month. I adore writing..now if I can just be dedicated. Blogging to myself helps me sort things out. (august)
 "My grade": A-. I did really well with this! The only month I missed was August. I enjoyed rereading things I wrote because this past year was just awesome!

-Focus on my life one day at a time. With so many unknowns this year, it can be really hard not to stress, but worrying doesn't help things at all.
 "My grade": B. It's a daily struggle. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

-Write an encouraging note to someone once a month
 "My grade": F. I'm terrible at this.

-Learn how to walk in four inch heels...GRACEFULLY
 "My grade": I learned how to walk in wedges...close enough ;) 

2015
This coming year I look forward to:
-new friendships
-traveling!
-getting a therapy job
-the unknowns

"Growing Books to Read" a.k.a. books to encourage me in my walk with Jesus:
1. Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs
2. 5 Aspects of Woman: A Biblical Theology of Femininity by Barbara Houser 
3. 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker
4. Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity by Jen Hatmaker
5. Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love by Dannah Gresh

Movies I want to Watch:
1. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
3. Pitch Perfect 2
4. Frozen (I've been avoiding it just because I'm tired of hearing about it)
5. A Beautiful Mind

Goals for the Year: 
1. Continue to blog at least once a month.
2. Take a roadtrip. I'm itching to travel.
3. Have fun.
4. Snowboard again!
5. Read the books on my "growing list"
6. It's hard to make more goals when I have no idea what the year will hold. I literally have no concrete plans, just possibilities. 

Comments