Adventure Time

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Who should I send? Who will go for us?'
I said, 'Here I am. Send me.'" - Isaiah 6:8

If I could pick any where to get a travel therapy position, I would not have picked Las Vegas.

I would pick somewhere with mountains, and trees, and waterfalls.

But when I was talking to God about traveling, I knew I needed to let go of where I wanted to travel. Because the fact is, there are very few places I hate traveling to. (The Badlands of South Dakota are pretty high on that list.)

The nice thing about traveling is that it doesn't have to be where you live. I can leave pieces of my heart in multiple places. With multiple people and churches and scenes.

So, back to Vegas. Even though I never would have picked to go there, I am EXCITED! I am excited for the opportunities Jesus gives me. I am excited to get to know my roommates and go to VERVE church!! I am excited to get experience in physical disabilities!

I am excited to live in the moment.

I don't want to be held back by my expectations for life. I want to be willing to go where ever Jesus calls me at that moment. 

When I read the book "Love Does" by Bob Goff last year, it really changed my perspective of life in general. There are SO MANY wonderful quotes in the book that challenge me and inspire me.

The one that applies most to my life right now is the following one:

"When Jesus invites us on an adventure, He shapes who we become with what happens along the way." - Bob Goff. 

It doesn't matter what state or country I go to, it will be an adventure because I am embracing the life Jesus has given me!


Comments