Stop Searching, Start Seeking God

I've been feeling out of sorts lately.

Don't get me wrong, I love life in Vegas. I enjoy working in a rehab hospital. And I absolutely adore the church I go to here. I like coming home to my apartment at night and falling asleep to the sound of airplanes flying past my window.

But knowing that in a week and a half, I have no idea of my plans, I'm stressed out. I HATE not having a plan.

In the past week I've had several job interviews that either haven't worked out or that I don't think I should take.

I feel like I am searching. For what, I'm not quite sure.

As I rode home from work today, it suddenly hit me and I verbalized my thought to my roommate Mary. "I'm searching, when I should just be seeking God."

Some verses about seeking:

"But from there, you will search for the Lord your God, and you will find Him when you seek Him with all your heart and all your soul." - Deuteronomy 4:2

"Honor His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek Yahweh rejoice. Search for the Lord and for His strength; seek His face always." -1 Chronicles 16:10


This past week, I've let my mind get so caught up in searching for jobs, anxiety, stress, and doubts, that I haven't been plugging in enough with my Savior. I've let the stress of life pull me away from the one being that knows the plans for the future.

Today I was asking myself, "Why am I even being a therapist? I have very little experience and maybe I should just give up." And nearly every one of my patient's today compliment me or thanked me. "I'll do anything for you. You are the nicest person to work with." "I was real sad when I didn't have you this morning. I love you." "Thank you so much for everything you have done for me." Now granted, it is not all me. I didn't create my talents or my life.

Two songs have been stuck in my mind lately, "Already There" by Casting Crowns and "Fix My Eyes" by For King and Country. They remind me that I need to fix my eyes on Jesus because He is already in my future. He knows where I will go when I leave Vegas the end of this month. He knows what job I will go to. And best of all, He knows my hopes and my dreams.

And once again, I surrender my life back into His hands. Just like I need to do daily, and sometimes even minutely.

If you think of me, pray for me as I seek God's will. Pray that my mind and body would be at peace.

Comments