Raw

I don't think that there is any way to truly prepare yourself for a big move. Like moving from Pennsylvania to California.

I thought I was doing good emotionally until I got here. Immediately, doubts started flooding my mind.."I can't do this."..,"what am I doing?"...what if, what if, what if. My nerves feel frayed.

For the sake of being truly vulnerable, I feel like I'm grieving a little bit. My trees and beautiful mountains have been transformed into Joshua trees and desert. I have to start all over making friends, leaving my loved ones behind. No routine yet. New job. New town.

Today was hard.

My heart cried out to Jesus, "Why do you have me here? What are you trying to teach me?"

One thing that I felt resonating within me was "Look for the beauty when there seems to be none." When I learn this, I can apply it to people, and how I look at them.

I absolutely, without a doubt, know in my soul that I am to be here for this season. But this transition stage is hard.

I looked up the Bible verse of the day on my app-
"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for man, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ." - Colossians 3:23-24

This convicted me. Here I have a great job opportunity, have met wonderful people, have a place to stay, got safely across the country...I am not being enthusiastic.

I may shed some tears. I may feel overwhelmed. But I WILL give thanks amd embrace this season! The Joy of the Lord is my strength!

If I ever come to mind, please pray for me!! :)

A black widow I saw tonight.

The desert.

Comments