Consider It Solved


I'm a problem-solver. At work, by nature, everything. I mull everything over in my mind (too much, oftentimes). As I was driving to work this morning, I was thinking about a lot of things that have been on my mind. Things that in my own humanness, I try to control the outcome for. I ended up behind this truck and had to take a picture.

It turned into my morning devotions as I saw it and then remembered all these examples about God's faithfulness.

"Let me experience Your faithful love in the morning, for I trust in You. Reveal to me the way I should go because I long for You. Rescue me from my enemies, Lord; I come to You for protection. Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me on level ground." -Psalm 143:8-10

"For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

"Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

"We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28

Jesus turned water into wine = no worries about unsatisfied guests.

Manna was given to the Israelites in the desert = each day, their daily bread was provided.

God made a donkey talk to get a point across = people refusing doesn't stop God.

Crossing a sea with an angry army chasing you? Have no fear, the sea opens up, lets you and the rest of the good guys through, then closes on the bad guys.

"A giant flood is going to come in a few years. I want you to build a huge boat and get 2 of each kind of animal on it." - I can almost picture God as the Uncle Sam recruiting poster.

It didn't matter that Samson's eyes were gauged out, his strength was gone, and he was on the tail end of a bunch of bad decisions, God used him in one final act of strength to topple a building on top of enemies.

Jesus used spit and dirt to heal a blind man.

"Consider It Solved" - what a powerful reminder that God knows all the things I'm dealing with, struggling with, frustrated and impatient will, and He considers my problems solved because He knows the outcome.

He is so faithful, and to make things more ____insert word here___ (fun, crazy, mysterious, insane, nervewracking, etc.), He is often unconventional. Look for unconventional things He might be using, and consider it solved. He knows.

Comments